Tuesday, December 29, 2009

happy christmas to all

well no news from the front for a while , , im in vancouver still due to serious medical stuff happening to clover ,and hopefully she'll be in surgery in jan and i'll stay till thats done if i can and then be off home !

got this letter from billy

Hi Robert,
I've been in India with work for a while, hence a bit out of the loop. I
was away when the power went off, but Gill and the kids were around, so
didn't have a lot of fun. I'm back in the UK now though so keen to get
it sorted. I got a response from SSE which wasn't that helpful, but
pointed to Martyn Dopson at Yarnton as the guy to help. I've not been
able to get hold of him today, but I'll try again tomorrow.
I looked through the quote he provided yourself and Gary with and it was
gobbledygook to me. It seemed to just cover the basic laying of some
cable into a duct we are tasked with providing and then leave the
connection to the house up to us. That only seems to cover a very small
part of the cost and complexity of a new supply. E.g. Our electricity
meter is in the middle of the house (not on an outside wall), so how are
we expected to connect a new supply? So, I need SSE's help to fill in
the blanks of what else needs to be done to actually connect a new
supply to our house. I'll try and get Martyn's help with this. If I
can't get any help from them, then another letter to Ian Marchant and
David Cameron will follow.
I got a stock reply from David Cameron - just the usual House of Commons
postcard, but I guess he probably hasn't heard the last from me.

Cheers,
Billy


so thats all thats happening there ,nothing since ,and gary is still doing the pumping ,so hopefully everyone had leccy and heating over christmas .

not heard any news since one on the 20th from gary. just to say hes good enough to check on my hs over the period im away , very kind of him .

so whether templewood are still buying oil ,and whether theres some horrendous new bill on the floor when i get home , only time will tell lol(manic laugh)..


happy christmas and happy new year to everyone.

regards
robert



oh ps....







something else of interest is , i remembered sending a mail to barratt ,it was info on another company thats allowed to do installations . i dont think anything came of it ,but they may be worth calling up ?

here it is below ,without the pictures ,,they wouldnt copy ..



Thanks for the e.mail Robert,
I have e.mailed them and explained our position.
i was unable to download the attachments at home so will try on monday in my office.
have a good sunday, i think spring has arrived.
pete


Peter J. Barrett
Headington Carriers Ltd
Mob: 07971293549
Office: 01993 811276
Fax: 01993 813 913
email: peter@headingtoncarriers.co.uk
www.headingtoncarriers.co.uk


--- On Fri, 27/2/09, robert burnett wrote:

From: robert burnett
Subject: Emailing: grid connections cable laying cable jointing substation installation - Powersystems UK Limited
To: "peter barratt"
Date: Friday, 27 February, 2009, 6:47 PM










Grid Connections
Competition in connections
Connection Process
Connection Experience
132kV Connections
33kV Connections
11kV Connections
Central Networks
EDF
Scottish and Southern
SPManweb
United Utilities
WPD
YEDL/NEDL




grid connections

Ever since Ofgem introduced the concept of competition in connections, Powersytems have been successfully providing grid connections across all the distribution areas of the UK.

Whether an industrial, commercial premises or a generation scheme Powersystems are able to provide a competitive grid connection offer. Our team of engineers manage the entire connection process from initial application, design, construction and commissioning through to final adoption and energisation.

As an independent connection provider (ICP) Powersystems have been assessed and accredited nationally by Lloyds register to carry out,
Design
Project management
Cable laying (LV, 11kV, 33kV, 132kV)
Cable jointing (LV,11kV, 33kV, 132kV)
Substation installation (11kV, 33kV, 132kV)
All associated civil engineering works including excavation, cable laying and backfilling.
Enabling Powersystems to provide grid connections at all voltage levels and in all areas of the UK.



Home | Company Profile | Electrical Infrastructure | Grid Connections | Renewable Generation | Generation | Contact Us © Powersystems Ltd 2008
Registered office: Powersystems UK Ltd, Badminton Road Trading estate, Badminton Road, Yate, Bristol. BS37 5GG. Company number : 1534161




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.237 / Virus Database: 270.11.4/1976 - Release Date: 02/27/09 13:27:00

No comments:

Post a Comment